Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer at Sinatra's


by Dennis Mays

Hello again, it is I, Dennis from Sinatra's Coffee Gallery. It is well accepted that Memorial Day, and the weekend preceding it, marks the begining of Summer. As summer has arrived many of us will be making personal changes. Granted some personal changes might simply be the clothing we wear or how we spend our days off. But for some, it brings drastic changes. Like the students who will be going home for three months.

Now, most people wouldn't consider a coffee shop to have personal traits, but I believe they do. I can always tell when the coffee shop I work in is happy to see me and feel my presence. And I've learned that if you treat your favorite coffee shop as if it's a person with feelings, you begin to form a bond with it and respect it much more. Some critics might think I'm crazy, but I'll admit that early in the morning when I'm alone getting myself and Sinatra's ready for a new day of experiences, we have a conversation together. Our conversations never go any deeper that each of us reminding the other of why we are there, and what we can do to make eachother's day a little easier.

Having said this, Sinatra's will be going through a few personal changes with the arrival of summer. Our barista's will be wearing t-shirts (still keeping with our black and red tradition), our food menu will be madeover to represent more summer like meals, and we will now offer an array of our signature t-shirts in different colors and sizes for sale to you our beloved customers. Our changes will run from Memorial Day to Labor Day. So as you embrace the change of season, we hope you will embrace our changes as well.

I wrote this to inform all of you of Sinatra's summer changes, but I really hope everyone who reads this will think about what I mentioned earlier and take it into consideration next time you go get a "cup o' joe" at your favorite local coffee house. Till next time, keeping moving Springfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment