Sunday, July 5, 2009

Springfield - Family Fun City


by Sean Saunders

This past week, I was given the opportunity to help out with a promotional event held at Chick-Fil-A restaurant on south Glenstone in Springfield. It was a hot day but a lot of fun working with the kids on their putting. Petra Rock Climbing, Blockbuster, Swing Right Golf, Jump Mania, and Discovery Center were there representing their businesses for the kids. It was a good time getting to know other businesses in town that help make Springfield a great place for families to go. I was impressed with Chick-Fil-A and the events that they are able to put on for local children. The marketing director for the Chick-Fil-A store informed me that they put on events for families at least once every couple of months. The last event they organized was a princess event for girls. Make-up booths, tee parties, and fun tattoos were a few of activities that took place.

My niece’s and nephew are coming to town for the 4th and it is nice having options to keep them entertained. There is more than enough fun things to do in the Ozarks area such as other destinations that I didn’t’ mention like the Zoo, Fantastic Caverns, Wacky World Kidz, Springfield Cardinals games, and the beautiful parks and trails. If you are bored this summer and looking for something to do and need ideas, be sure to stop by one of the tourist information offices in Springfield. I’ve dropped off promotional items at the Battlefield and Hwy 65 location and they have enough ideas to keep you busy for a month in the Springfield and Branson area. I’ve been in Springfield for just over a year and I haven’t even come close to experiencing all that Springfield has to offer because of the many options. Take advantage of living in a fun town that I am proud to call my home. Next time your on the move in Springfield, come down and visit us at Swing Right Golf and enjoy our 18 hole miniature golf course, driving range, or simulators and I’ll give you a golf tip to help you swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment